- Analysis of tax, commercial and other factors to make recommendations on the most adequate form of organization.
- Counseling on rights and obligations of shareholders and partners.
- Obtainment of licenses and permits.
- Elaboration of deeds, by-laws and shareholders agreements.
- Settling of branches and subsidiary foreign offices in México.
- Assistance in connection with all corporate affairs, such as meetings of shareholders, partners, Directors and Managers.
- Corporate planning.
- Counseling in mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs.
- Transformation into other forms of business organization.
- Counseling in connection with public offerings of stock, debentures, bonds, and others.
- Drafting of agreements for the sale of stock, shareholder interests, and others.
- Assistance to national and foreign companies in bids processes for Federal, State or Town Government projects, including public-private partnerships.
A significant part of the corporate and commercial practice is devoted to optimizing the contractual relations between Firm clients and their partners in industry, trade, and finance. Areas covered include drafting or renewing of contracts, helping clients negotiate specific transactions and assisting in contractual interpretation disputes, whenever they arise.
The above includes, among others:
- Drafting of all kinds of contracts and agreements related with commercial activities.
- Agreement negotiation and closing.
- Reviewing, renegotiating and amendment of agreements.
- Agreements with governmental agencies.
- Agreement enforcement.
- Adhesion contracts.
- Representation before Mexican authorities in charge of foreign investment regulation.
- Advisory services on foreign investment in Mexico.
- Assistance in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
The Firm provides assistance to obtain the most advantageous structures for Mexican ventures, considering tax, risk, managerial and market factors. Once a new venture has become operational, the Firm provides an ongoing advisory service to both shareholders and managers, covering legal and financial aspects of the day-to-day operation. The Firm also informs on the relevant legal modifications which affect the companies directly or indirectly.
Mergers and acquisitions
The Firm provides counseling in matters regarding mergers and acquisitions, including also disinvestments, leveraged purchases and sales, due diligence audits, target research and implementation of the transaction.
Public - Private associations
The Firm provides advisory services to domestic and international companies in public biddings regarding projects with the Federal, State and Municipal Governments, including projects for public-private associations.